Where would we be without our dads? They’re our cheerleaders, our teachers and our number one fans, but when it comes to buying them an ethical – and meaningful – gift for Father’s Day, it can be hard to know where to look. We put our heads together to come up with a few great eco options for do-good dads…
1) Duckfeet All The Kings Men satchel, $315 – double pocket brown leather satchel, made in Australia.
2) BrewSmith Aussie Wattle Pale Ale kit, $70 (from Biome) – tasty, brew-your-own beer kit for thirsty dads; just add recycled or reusable bottles.
3) Lifethreads ‘Grit City’ t-shirt, $40 – Fairtrade-certified organic cotton t-shirt made in India and printed in Australia.
4) Homegrown Gifts Cufflinks and Wallet gift set, $110 – contains lasercut Christina Lowry cufflinks, a handmade, vegetable-tanned leather wallet and a handmade Zillpa rope dish.
5) Zing Anything Citrus Zinger Bottle, $29.95 (from Biome) – 800ml bottle with a built-in citrus reamer for easy water-with-a-twist.
6) Vanessa Megan Certified Organic Gift Pack for Him, $52.75 – contains sandalwood face cream and lip balm; perfect for all types of skin.
7) The Goodnight Society Great Night Shark pants, $64.95 – casual Fairtrade-certified organic cotton pyjama pants for the ocean-loving man (featured on page 61 of our Spring Issue 23).
8) Thunderpants Men’s Boxers, $25 – organic cotton boxers, made in New Zealand.
9) Worthy skateboards The Original, $194 (from Down That Little Lane) – handmade in Queensland from recycled materials (featured on page 17 of our Spring Issue 23).
10) Eternal Creation Striped Shirt, $69 – classic long-sleeved shirt, made in a Fairtrade-certified workshop in the Himalayas.
11) Rexel Bamboo Pen Sorter from The Really Green Shop, $12.99 – the eco alternative to metal or plastic, made from 100% sustainable bamboo.
12) Panda Bamboo Polarised Sunglasses, $130 (from Tree Hugga) – handcrafted unisex sunnies made from sustainably sourced bamboo; each pair comes with a lifetime warranty.