A Minty Christmas

Emiti Designs

As you finish tying the final bows on your gifts this Christmas eve, spare a thought for your poor undecorated head just crying out for the colour of an Emiti scarf! Up for grabs is a limited edition Like A Stroll Through The Countryside skinny scarf, printed in Melbourne onto recycled cotton voile. For your chance to win, simply leave a message below letting us know your Christmas Eve traditions. And last but not least, MERRY CHRISTMAS and a safe and happy holidays from everyone at Peppermint! {Competition closes Wed 25 Dec at 5pm. Australian postal addresses only}. #mintyxmas

Be Sociable, Share!

32 Responses to “A Minty Christmas”

1. Wendy _c says:

We go to midnight mass on Christmas Eve. It’s a lovely service and we get to catch up with so many people afterwards. We then go home, open our gifts and then enjoy a sleep in on Christmas morning before preparing our family Christmas dinner.

2. Natasha Collins says:

My Christmas Eve tradition is to snuggle up on the couch or in bed, watching and singing along to Vision Australia’s Carols by Candlelight on television.

3. Fran Mahy says:

Our family tradition is to invite over elderly people in our neighborhood who we know will be alone on Xmas day…and I send them home with left overs…they love it…but sadly the numbers are dropping…

4. Sav says:

As my Grandmother and little brother share birthdays on Christmas eve we like to have an annual or biennial family reunion. We will all normally take a few days off over Christmas and travel to one of our home towns; last year it was Boat Harbour in Tasmania and this year it’s Hervey Bay in Queensland. After a giant Christmas eve lunch of course we will all go to bed extra early in preparation for Christmas. It’s one of the highlights of my year :)

5. Maureen Dempsey says:

My tradition has evolved into running around most of the night finishing the housework and cooking for Xmas Day … however as a family, we always find time to read “The Night Before Christmas” book that I received as a gift on the night before Christmas many years ago.

6. Lucy says:

Our tradition has always been church and then inviting our friends around for supper afterwards and watching the Carols By Candlelight. It can be between 5 and 30 people in our loungeroom watching Carols together which is really lovely.

7. Antoinette Santoro says:

We go to the 5pm Children’s Mass and there is a pageant with the children from the local school. Then it is dinner with Mum and Dad and Carols by candlelight. Merry Christmas everyone.

8. Bri says:

December is full of birthdays in my family, so Christmas eve is normally frantic. My sister and I make our way to my parents’ place and hide in our old bedrooms, wrapping the last of the Christmas presents. Everyone must announce themselves before entering a room in case their presents are being wrapped. Then we watch Love Actually or Christmas carols, put out a homemade fruit mince pie (my grandma’s recipe) for Santa and a carrot for the reindeers, and head off to bed. Merry Christmas all. :)

9. Michelle Rugg says:

Making rum balls and pavlova for the family and enjoying our Christmas lights.

10. Sharni Montgomery says:

Our traditions include sprinkling reindeer food on the grass, having a dance-off to Frank Sinatra carols on the porch before guzzling all of Santa’s chips and milk.

11. Sarah Woolner says:

Usually a lovely quiet night at home wrapping presents. Looking forward to getting back to leaving food and drink for Santa and his reindeer next year when my son is older (he’s 5 months old now). If I’m with my sister we watch all the episodes of MASH with a Christmas theme while we eat rum balls.

12. Hana says:

We do a Christmas light tour, then come home and make reindeer food (oats and glitter), scatter it on the lawn, write a note for Santa and leave him some cookies and milk. The kids go to bed way too late, and to sleep even later, and Mum stays up wrapping, cooking, tidying, and snacking on cookies and milk!

13. Stephanie says:

Making Christmas cookies too early, sneaking them for the next few weeks and having to make more a few days before Christmas seems to be a tradition in my house!

14. dierdre wilkinson says:

sitting watching carols by candlelights and wrapping presents

15. Heather says:

Chocolate coins for every person, attached to their main present. So most of us end up eating chocolate for breakfast……. a lot like Easter!

16. Coralie says:

As my mum’s side of the family is German, our tradition for Christmas Eve is a family dinner on Christmas Eve night, rather than on Christmas Day. The fare has changed and grown somewhat over the years, but it must always include schnitzel, boiled potatoes, and asparagus amongst all the delicious food.

We get to give gifts and spend time with family a day earlier than most. I love it, as it leaves Christmas Day free to simply relax or to spend with other other friends and family if we choose.

17. Jennifer B. says:

Christmas Eve is always watching Carols by Candlelight, enjoying the first of the Christmas cake ans trying to spot our friend who plays in the orchestra!

18. Tracy Boulter says:

I serve the Christmas pudding studded in threepences and sixpences, heat up the brandy, pour over and set the pudding and set alight.

19. Lea Anita Black says:

On Christmas Eve just on dark is when Santa arrives, for the younger children who still believe in santa. We share our gifts that night as it is the Finnish tradition I grew up with and do the same with my family.

20. Madeline Batch says:

Our immediate family of five all go out to a Christmas Eve Mass and then we come home and sit under the Christmas tree (with Christmas lights on of course!) and play and sing Christmas carols and cut and eat Grandmas Christmas cake (or just the icing!). And just before we go to bed we leave Santa a glass of milk and some Christmas cake and carrots for the reindeer!

21. Linda Courtney says:

We love to drive around town looking at the Christmas lights, then its early to bed for the kids.

22. Leesa Tschirpig says:

We bake and decorate gingerbread men for Santa, then watch a Christmas movie (this year Elf for the kids, then Die Hard later for the grownups!)

23. Noeleen says:

We live in a Court and all the neighbours bring a folding chair plus drinks and nibbles. We share a lovely evening together, catching up on the happenings of the year.

24. Tina S says:

The family watches Carols by Candlelight and sing along with the carols.

25. Jenny says:

We spend Christmas Eve with my Mother in law eating traditional Polish dishes of barszcz (beetroot soup) with uszka (dumplings filled with Sauerkraut). The first year I was so worried as I hate beetroot and had never tasted Sauerkraut. To my suprise (and relief) it’s delicious. I now look forward to it every year.

26. cath says:

Christmas eve we usually go to the christmas eve church service, on the way home we drive past christmas lights, then make hot chocolate and eat rocky road while watching the carols by candlelight on the telly!!

27. Lesley Needham says:

We clean the house. The kids know that Santa doesn’t come to a messy house so they rush around picking up their toys. It is the only day of the year that I dont have to nag them.

28. Louise says:

My Christmas eve tradition is to never leave to kitchen making fruit mince pies, rocky road and other delights ready for the big Christmas lunch…

29. Kady says:

To eat so much that we feel sick. I currently am confined to the couch because I ate so muchl ol

30. Kim B says:

We have our big family get together on Christmas Eve. Usually ten Adults and 12 children. We give out all the presents as we found the kids were to overwhelmed receiving both Santa and presents under the tree. We play family games, the same game has continued for over five years now, still waiting for a winning team!. We all get a movie pack, adults and kids, containing PJ’s, popcorn, drink and their favourite chocolate & Lollies. Once all our other traditions are finished, we all get into our new PJ’s and settle in to watch “Christmas Vacation”, funniest movie ever. Everyone knows it so well we all speak the dialogue, with family members playing different roles.

31. Trina Bassula says:

Cheese platter and Christmas movies! The movies change every year – but we watch The Grinch without fail :)

32. Tina Subo says:

Merry Christmas – I enjoyed the Minty Christmas. :-)